Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend of SUN!

On Friday we had a day trip to Segovia, Spain.  It is about an hour north of Madrid.  I was really excited to see that there was a excursion this weekend because I thought I wouldn't be able to attend anymore because of traveling.  So I was excited!

We got a tour of the Alcazar in Segovia which was also their palace.  It was a really cool building to see.  Our tour guide was really nice and easy to understand which can make or break a tour in Spanish. It was a pretty low key excursion. We walked through the city after the tour of the Alcazar and then had lunch at this restaurant.  It was a lot of fun.

Segovia is a beautiful city.  It reminds me of Toledo in many ways.  There is the medieval charm to the city that not many cities have in Spain.  It was beautiful and had some great view of the mountains and the greenest grass I have ever seen.



This weekend is beautiful!! The weather is outstanding and finally there is no rain in the forecast! Let's hope it stay that way! I thought that it was hard to motivate myself to do homework before, but it's even worse now.  Today I got up earlier and went to a cafe to do homework for a few hours.  I got a lot done and won't feel bad about soaking up the sun for the afternoon with a drink in my hand.

Yesterday I went on a walk and laid out with some of the ladies from the program.  I don't have any sunscreen so we all got a little pink... oops! It will turn to tan eventually!

This next weekend is my last trip.  We are going to Paris! I am looking forward to it very much! I can't believe that two weeks from today I will be on a plane home to the US.  Where has the semester gone??

No comments:

Post a Comment