Wednesday, March 20, 2013

El Día de San Patrick

On Sunday after I got home from Barcelona, I of course, had to go out for a drink... or two or three for St. Patrick's day.  I didn't have practically any homework, so I had no excuses.  We all dressed in green and wore the hats we got at the club the previous week.  We started at the bar, Dragos, that is two feet away from the fund.  We were there about 2 hours taking some free green shots and drinking some other drinks and eating tapas.  Then we decided to head to the Irish bar in town.

The ladies
Along the way, we stopped to take a picture with everything that was green--naturally, my idea.  It was hilarious and so much fun and amazing how many green things there were on our way.  We had some fun taking pictures with people that didn't know we were taking a picture of them.

When we were in the Plaza, waiting for others to get money out of the ATM, this Irish couple approached us who were traveling in Toledo.  They were ADORABLE! We talked to them for about 15 minutes and made some conversation.  Afterwards we headed to the Irish pub, O'Brien's.

Cute Irish couple.
I got a cider at O'Brien's and we went upstairs to hang out.  About 5 minutes later, two American couples in their 60s show up and make friends with us. Safe to say, we made a lot of older friends that day. They had been traveling in Spain for 18 days and it was their last day.  There was a brother and sister from each couple and they had an Irish grandmother that we toasted to every 10 minutes.  We learned about their lives and grandchildren as they drank their wine and beer.  And they asked us about our journey abroad.  They loved hanging out with us so much that they ended up buying us a round of green beers.  It was so nice of them and we enjoyed their company as I'm sure they enjoyed drunk college kids on St. Patrick's day.  But clearly it brought them back to the good old days that they hung around.

Our new friends.
We went back for dinner, then headed back to the pub for the Irish music. I was exhausted at this point from an early morning, a day of traveling, and an eventful afternoon.  So I just went for the music and atmosphere.  We had some more good laughs and called it a night.  One of my favorite days in Toledo to say the least!

Tomorrow (Thursday), I leave for my spring break! After a night of sleeping in the airport... I will be off to Krakow, Poland to see Auschwitz, and then Prague and Amsterdam.  I am very excited but it will be a cold week! The metro is currently on strike in Madrid so it will be interesting getting to the airport. And when I get home Mom, Aunt Linda, and Sarah will be here!! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment